What is ScaleUp?
ScaleUp is part of the ScaleUp America initiative developed by the U.S. Small Business Administration. The Thurston EDC and the Center for Business & Innovation were selected to deliver one of the 15 ScaleUp Programs offered nationwide. It’s the only one of its kind on the West Coast.
ScaleUp is a comprehensive training program, which includes in-person classroom training and one-on-one business mentoring and technical assistance to help small business owners plan and achieve their business growth goals.
- 10 weeks of classroom sessions of the Kauffman Foundation’s FastTrac GrowthVenture taught by certified instructors and guest speakers
- One-on-one business mentoring and technical assistance throughout and after the class ends
- 20 ScaleUp businesses will be allowed to participate in each class
- Facilitated connections to local commercial lenders and potential private investors
- Four exclusive networking events with the cohort and invited business leaders:
- Welcome Reception – Kick-off featuring organizers, leaders and cohort
- Money Talks – Investors and lenders explain what they need to write checks
- At Your Service – Consultants explain the secrets to accelerated success
- Graduation and Pitches – Public celebration and sharing of growth plans
- Development of individual, custom Growth Plan to execute in the next 12 months
At the end of the program year, ScaleUp participants will measure their growth and the impact that their small business will have on the Thurston County economy.
The ScaleUp experience is absolutely FREE to the business owner, through federal contract funding of the U.S. Small Business Administration. Participation is therefore strictly limited and expected to be highly competitive.